KITYA NOWICKI - self discovery
Thank you to my mentors, students, colleagues, friends and clients for the journey so far. This magical world continues to amaze.
Our society seems to follow a set of unspoken instinctual behaviours that allows us to co-exist. As a child I used to look at me feet occassionally, wondering when they got so far away, and the stars, wondering - where do we begin and end ?
As a physiotherapy student, we did one year of psychology. My imagination was captured by the mysterious functioning of the nervous system. In our current times, modern technology and brain science is exposing truths and debunking myths. Developments in consciousness theory and biology are informing a paradigm shift. This revolution of systems snd awareness is both revealing and entertaining - and sometimes existentially challenging.
Exploring the way we adapt to our world as individuals and social interactive beings has become my day to day passion. The way we manifest imbalances in the our systems is connected to physical principles like resonance and tidal force: how cool!
I established Integral Health to help other people explore their own path of self discovery. The more I learn about the expression of our physical body, the more I am in awe of its simple profundity. This has lead me on a profound and rewarding path.
This has been my journey:
- 1980: Matric - Potchefstroom Girls High
- 1984 : BSc Physiotherapy - University of the Witwatersrand.
- 1985: intern - Baragwanath hospital, Developed interest in reflex neuroscience working with children and noting responses to touch and the human voice or music.
- 1986 : Sports Medicine - University of Cape Town, Research - The effects of overtraining by marathon runners. And then:
- 1987 - 89 Locum sports physio
- 1990 - 94 National Health Service London UK Outpatient physiotherapy departments. Short course with Rupert Sheldrake - Metamorphic Resonance gave seed to my fascination with the Unified Field.
- 1995 Acupuncture - Sri Lanka, Anton Jarasuriya’s His soul-felt teachings opened my heart to the connection between health and culture, belief, food and the environment.
- 1995 - 97: reiki with Rita. Shiatsu - Namikoshi , Reconnective tissue massage with Prosado, - SA
- 1994 : Touch for Health - Kevin Campbell, Cape Town Discovering this kinesiology protocol. which incorporates Chinese medical theory, modern resonance theory and the muscular system was a thrilling.
- 1995 : Touch for health Instructors - Tony Gralton - IKC Australia I love introducing the language of muscle monitoring to anyone willing to learn.
- 1997 - Neurotraining - Gudrun Lauterbach / Andrew verity This Specialised Kinesiology model introduces principles of recuperation, into the effects of emotional, mental and spiritual co- factors which inform our physical body.
- 2000 : Craniosacral therapy - Al Pelowski, Cape Town This training was pivotal in my education - i experienced, and am still experiencing a paradigm shift in my approach to clients.
- 2015: 1st Caniosacral Practitioner Training - support from colleagues I feel blessed to be able to grow and learn as a practitioner every day.